There are other ways to do this versus a link, however, this is what worked for me.
Move offline file cache in Windows 10:
- Create a folder for your offline file cache. Something like
- Run command prompt in Administrator mode and type the following:
Takeown /r /f C:\Windows\CSC
- Open the Sync Center and go to Manage Offline Files.
- Click Disable Offline Files and restart the machine.
- From an elevated command prompt issue the following commands:
rd /s C:\Windows\CSC mklink /J C:\Windows\CSC "G:\Offline"
Keep quotes in above example
- Reopen the Manage Offline Files window and Enable Offline Files.
- Restart the machine.
- All files/folders that you selected for offline availability should now be redirected to your new folder/drive specified.